May 12, 2012

CONNER STATION- NAY, ALEXANDER'S- YAY!

Saturday Evening


I shopped allll day. Sure got some extra walking in! Leah and I covered Broad Ripple and I found several new pieces for you-know-where (okay, Hawaii if you DIDN'T know where!) and am very pleased :)

Later in the evening Leah and I parted ways and I met up with Zach. We were headed back home and getting hungry so we decided to stop in Noblesville somewhere for dinner. We ended up at Conner Station which was meh. But when you are hungry, anything works!

I got a side salad and we ordered a pizza to share. The salad was very unimpressive with just iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, too much cheese and croutons that I picked off.
It came with a side of ranch that I dipped my fork in slightly about four times. I ate most of the veggies out of this and left the cheese in a little pile!

Our pizza was decent, but HUGE!
It was a supreme with loads of veggies and a few meats. I ate a slice and a half of this, Zach ate a bit more, and we were left with...
Quite a bit of pizza still. This overall wasn't our typical idea of either a healthy or unique or even that tasty of a dinner, but when you are in a pinch and your choices are limited it'll do! At least the company was good!

Now dessert was another story :D We found this adorable ice cream parlor called Alexander's with good old-fashioned hand-dipped ice cream. We got a kid's cup of birthday cake flavor and a kid's cup of chocoholic. (The kid's cups were quite big!) And of course, we shared :)

 Zach's favorite was the chocoholic, but mine was whatever flavor I happened to be putting in my mouth at the time...

Downtown Noblesville is pretty charming

All-in-all a busy fun-filled day, and much more to come tomorrow!

{Edited to add} (I do this whenever we end up doing something late enough that I don't blog about it until the next morning!)

I had gotten awfully groggy late afternoon/early evening but got a second wind when we returned home! We decided to go with my mom for a bit to hear Dad play. My Dad used to play every single weekend in a band (he's been in SOO many bands throughout my life, but not ones that travel) and now he just fills in once in a while with groups that need him. He can play just about any instrument but his true talent lies in playing the keys and singing. None of which did he pass on to his lovely daughter....

I am not just bragging (well, I'm bragging a little...) but my Dad is an AMAZING keyboard player and singer. People allllllways want him to play with them. So we went and enjoyed the fruit of his talent for a bit.

New shirt I got yesterday :)
 While there I had one cranberry and vodka, heavy on the cranberry ;)
 Daddy!
 Aaaand Zach's bad habit of destroying straw wrappers turned into a form of entertainment for me, him and Mom by spelling out words all night. You couldn't really hear to talk much anyway! Mom spelled the best word :) Her and Dad are also huge vacationers and just HAPPEN to be going to Hawaii two weeks before us! We wished that our paths could cross there, but the dates just didn't work out.

1 comment:

  1. Hawaii!! What a beautiful word! And what a wonderful place for lots of unique and enjoyable dining!!!

    ReplyDelete