October 12, 2012

ARTICHOKES AND ANGEL'S HAIR

Friday Evening

It was so great to be back to turbo kick tonight! We had some new moves in the round and it was fun to have a challenge. I just really enjoyed the great workout :)

I had dinner all ready to make for tonight- shrimp thawed and everything (ooh clue as to what dinner will be next time :) ) when we had friends ask us out to an impromptu supper out. Of course we couldn't say no and ended up at Johnny Carino's! I passed on the bread basket but did have a couple bites of Zach's salad. For my entree I got the angel hair with artichokes.

I ordered it because not only did it look good, but it was marked as a low-fat item and based on my knowledge I surmised it was probably one of the healthiest options. I was right! I looked it up at home and it was the lowest cal. pasta dish on the menu! It was still 673 calories, but that is a far sight better than any of the other options (if you are going to get pasta, which of course I must) ;) It only had 1 gram of saturated fat and all the other pastas were 10-83 grams! Also it was the highest fiber dish with 11 grams. Very pleased with my choice as far as restaurant eating goes!

Now watching Harry Potter movies with some girlfriends!


No comments:

Post a Comment