October 3, 2012

MY NEW TOY

Wednesday Evening

The boys won! They had a great game tonight and won 6-1 and now will play in the sectional championship game on Saturday! :)

After the game Zach had to stay around with the team to watch another game to scout out who they will be playing. Mom came home with me and we got to making an exciting creation: Edamame Dumplings from my cookbook Way to Cook Vegetarian. Not only was I pumped (like always) to make a new recipe, but I was SUPER pumped because I got to use my new food processor!!!

 Oh it was so awesome :) Into my food processor went:
 a cup of cooked edamame (I bought it frozen and shelled)
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. cumin and I processed it until well blended. Then a tsp. of the mix went into a wonton wrapper. I had never used these before, but they were so simple! Just wet the edges a bit and seal into dumpling shape! (Careful to use a SCANT tsp. in each wonton or it will get too full and not seal properly)
 Not a slice of funky cheese, a wonton wrapper!
 Once they were filled they were placed on a baking sheet dusted with cornstarch until time to cook. I cooked them in a skillet sprayed with cooking spray. One minute on one side, flip and add a bit of water, cover with lid and cook for another minute or so until water evaporates.
 I made brussels to go on the side because Mom hadn't had these in thirty years!!! Roasted with sea salt and EVOO and served with ketchup like always. Mom liked them :)
 The sauce that was served with these was so simple yet SO delicious. This sauce transformed the dumplings!! 2 TBS Green onion + 1 tsp. honey + 2 TBS tamari. That's it. YUM. Go make some- now.
 The dumplings were such a huge hit. We thought these tasted like restaurant quality and I will definitely make them again. These are only 71 calories for two of them- incredible! I had six of these for under 220 calories. That is a good deal in my book any day ;)
Now Zach is home and is greatly enjoying HIS dumplings and I am going to get off of here and to go snuggle!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment