April 23, 2012

50 DIFFERENT SPICES

Monday Evening: 4/23/12
Spooky wanted to be featured on the blog! Say hi! How could you not love that face? Zach and I actually have 3 cats...crazy cat people I know. We had two for three years and always said no more cats than people. Then we found this adorable tiny homeless black cat close to Halloween (hence the name Spooky) and we were goners..

Gym

Did 20 minutes on the arc trainer tonight followed by 10 on a stationary bike and a handful of weight machines to work thighs and back. Monday workouts are always a little easy. Sometimes I feel like they are a cop-out but I figure it's better than sitting at home doing nothing!

Weight: 121.8 
While I loathe the weekend weight "gain" to have it go up less than 1 lb. after at weekend away, I will take it! Hopefully by tomorrow can get back to where I ended last week. 
Goal for this week = get back into the teens

Dinner

My house smelled great for hours before dinner because tonight was a crock pot dinner! I adore my crock pot. So absolutely convenient and it's always especially nice on a Monday to get home from the gym with dinner waiting!

Tonight's dinner came from a cookbook called "Fix-It and Forget-It Slow-Cooker Magic." This cookbook is such a staple of mine that I fix at LEAST one meal a week from it! This evening's specialty was a new recipe called Dad's Spicy Chicken Curry (whose dad is what I want to know!)

Into the pot:
-chicken pieces with the bone in (after they cook you shred the chicken and discard the bone, take the skin off to reduce saturated fat!!!!)
-1 diced onion
-frozen chopped spinach that had been thawed
-greek yogurt
-diced red potatoes
-salt
-garlic powder
-ground ginger
-cumin
-coriander
-black pepper
-cloves
-cardamom
-cinnamon
-chili powder
-red bell pepper flakes
-turmeric

I was hoping this tasted as good as it smelled, and...it was all right. Disappointing, I know. It really was good and very spicy (which we enjoy) but for all the flavors that went into it, it still seemed to be missing something.











We ate our curry over a bit of brown rice and had simple salads on the side.
That rice really is brown, not white! Haha

Then we went to Bible study and some of the kids baked home-made cookies and offered them to us after. How can you say no to a sweet young face and a delicious smelling cookie? :)
Th-th-that's All Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment