April 19, 2012

COOKING WITH WINE

THURSDAY EVENING: 4/19/12
I got a bit of an extra workout biking home from the grocery today with this big boy in my backpack! (If you can't tell, this is a lot larger than a normal bottle of wine) Whew!

So after Mom and I's 35 minute walk (on which we encountered a garden snake! I named him Chicory...) I got back to enjoy a 4 oz. pour of Cabernet Sauvignon. Only appropriate after my Cabernet Marinara from lunch :)
Deliciously juicy with such a good mouth-feel. Nothing like a bit of wine to enhance the cooking process...

Tonight's dinner also came from Better Homes and Gardens: Easy Dinners, Healthy Recipes cookbook.


Sweet and Sour Fish over Brown Rice


I simmered the brown rice while walking with Mom. Since some grains require a bit of time on the stove-top it's always important to remember to get them done ahead of time!


It was my first time cooking Tuna Steaks and I found them super easy to deal with!

Tonights dinner that I can't give out the exact recipe for consisted of:
-Tuna Steaks
-Red Pepper
-Carrots
-Red grapes
-Chicken broth

and a glaze of:
-Brown sugar (used less than called for)
-Reduced sodium soy sauce
-Corn starch
-Vinegar

It was a delicious dish! Although I would cut the fish into smaller pieces next time because I felt the middle was a bit too dry. The grapes in it though MADE the dish!
(The wine was still my pour from earlier)




And a couple bites more for seconds!










Well I am WORE out from all the activity today! Going to rest my legs and spend some quality time with my love!

Tomorrow is FRIIIIIDAY!!!

{Edited to add an evening snack}
Zach and I ended up going for a drive (we love taking drives!) and getting some IY. IY stands for Incredible Yogurt, a local yogurt place with delicious flavors and the ability to get Fat-free, Sugar-free yogurt that is only 7 to 9 calories an ounce!

We always get kiddie cups which are only about 4 oz. so it makes for a great end of the day treat!
My kiddie cup of chocolate fro-yo with marshmallow and graham cracker topping!

No comments:

Post a Comment