April 29, 2012

NEW CEREALS

Sunday Morning: 4/29/12


After last night's indulgent supper today is going to be pretty light eating! So breakfast was an easy bowl of cereal (without the milk, as you already know).
My mix:
-Fiber one bran
-cinnamon Puffins
-Three Sisters cinnamon sweets (so glad we stocked back up on these!!)
-Arrowhead Mills chocolate filled squares- made exclusively for Whole Foods Stores (their site was down so I will link up to it later!)
I loved mixing all kinds of cereal :) So much less boring! Now I try to make the bowl more of fiber one bran (it's all hidden!) and Puffins than the other, sweeter cereals. The cinnamon sweets and chocolate squares both have a wonderful ingredients list, but that doesn't mean that they are not more sugary and higher cal. Just because something is natural and organic doesn't always mean you can eat as much of it as you like with no repercussions!

This was my first time to try the chocolate squares and they are awesome! Calorie dense though for sure- 1 cup is 210 calories, pretty high. I tried to just use a small handful in this bowl but next time I need to use even less. They are so decadent it practically feels wrong eating them for breakfast ;)

Haven't been home for the last two weekends, so we are off to church this morning for the first time in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment