April 24, 2012

STUFFED

Tuesday Evening: 4/24/12


Workout
Got in some running, but man it's tough for me! Ran 20 minutes solid, the next ten minutes did sprinting intervals and then the last 10 walked at a 15 incline. Tired legs!

Weight: 120.8 Back to Friday's weight basically, now to continue to take it down!

Supper

Dinner was my take on a Tone It Up recipe for Mexican Stuffed Peppers! Ai-yi-yi-yi-yi! (Said in an Arrriba! type of voice, not as in Ai-yi-yi what a disaster voice. Just thought I'd clarify)

I took two red peppers and boiled them in water for a few before draining and washing them in cold water. 

Stovetop
-EVOO
-garlic
-onion
-soy "ground beef" crumbles
-black beans
-diced tomatoes
-black pepper
-chili powder
-jalapeno

Cooked all of these and then stuffed the peppers and baked them in the oven!
We ate them with salsa and a little bit of greek yogurt for the heat!
And served with a side of the last (by last I mean crumbs) of some organic tortilla chips.
Zach about to enjoy his stuffed pepper!
These were so wonderful and I would totally make them again (and again...). Zach even asked "What meat is this?" Ha! Fooled him! Not that it matters...we're both mostly more about meat substitutes than actual meat.

Cross-section of the pepper
I nursed this 8 oz. glass of wine throughout the evening, but ended up only drinking 4 oz. of it.
Presented in my Indy Wine Trail glass (the names of each winery from the trail are on the back)! Zach and I looove going on wine trails and visiting wineries in general! We are on a quest to visit every winery in the state of Indiana. So far we have like 12 or 13? I've been on three wine trails so far, one in Tennessee!

I just love the taste and am starting to get better at recognizing grapes. I can always spot a concord, catawba or chambourcin these days ;)

Not sure what the rest of the evening holds, but probably a bit of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings (LOTR). For some inexplicable reason I am obsessed with both of these series and could have them on at any given time and N E V E R get sick of them!

Think I am exaggerating? Ask Zach, he will clarify that yes, his wife is a true nerd who can quote pretty much every line of any LOTR and wishes that Hogwarts was a real school. What can I say? Everyone has their quirks!

{Edited to add}
Movie snack of Orville Redenbacher's 100 calorie Smart Pop mini bags bowl of popcorn with a drizzle of honey + a drizzle of Cacao Bliss.
Honestly it would have been better without the cacao. The cacao really needs to be blended with something a bit sweeter such as peanut butter. The popcorn is wonderful though! And I always love a drizzle of honey on plain popcorn, probably wouldn't recommend it on a buttery flavor though if that is what you are having.

The Smart Pop mini bags are incredible because for 100 cal. you get 6.5 cups of popcorn!! How's THAT for a serving size?!

All right, truly done for the night now and watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban :D

No comments:

Post a Comment