April 22, 2012

NOT QUITE 5K

SUNDAY EVENING: 4/22/12

Run Time

Ouch. The run was tougher than I expected and after a valiant (or embarrassing) 2 miles my calves were so tight I just spent the next 20 + minutes walking at a level 15 incline. People always look at me like a nut when I bump the treadmill up and look like I am climbing the side of a building, but hey, it's a great calorie torcher! Burned 459 in 40 minutes so I am not complaining :)

Zach and I have a 5K coming up in right under two weeks. Saturday, May 5th is the day and my goal is to run it in under 29 minutes. We ran one two years ago and I ran it in 30:02, so we shall see. I should mention that I am NOT a runner. Well actually that's not quite true because I have heard anyone who runs is a runner, so I should change that to: I am a pathetic runner. My short little legs and terrible breath control combine to create a person who struggles for each mile.

It's quite disgusting because Zach is the complete opposite. He has finished several mini-marathons- 13.1 miles, with good times. 3.1 miles for him is a warm up...*shakes head*. Luckily he was kind enough to agree to do the 5K with me this year and I am hoping this gives me an extra push to not be a turtle.

Afternoon "Tea"

Poured a 4oz. small glass of cab for some afternoon post-workout refreshment :) but only drank a little over half of this. Just wasn't in the mood for wine.

Dinner

One of the only faster food restaurants that Zach and I enjoy getting food from is Noodles and Company. They are completely honest and up front with their nutritional information and you know the food you are getting is natural and a good quality. Not to mention with their healthful choices and small portions it is one of the few ways for me to get my pasta fix without feeling guilty :D

Tonight I knew I was craving some green veggies and got the Med Salad with shrimp. I love this salad because it comes with some noodles in it, best of both worlds!
To accompany my salad I got the Thai Curry soup which, coincidentally, also contains noodles :) The nutritional profile for both of these combined is stellar. (I had one bite of Zach's sandwich unphotographed because it happened so fast ;) We always have bites of each others' food so of course he got some in return)

Zach and I's sweet tooth (read: MY sweet tooth) was acting up this evening, so we traveled the two miles to our local bakery Concannon's for a snack.

We came away with this rather enormous slice of red velvet cake with buttercream frosting and filling.



Ha! Between the two of us we STILL could not finish this monstrosity! A good thing I suppose... Although I am sure that the portion I ate was still plenty calorie-laden enough for a bit of damage.







Luckily tomorrow is Monday and I have a whole week of tasty meals planned. Time to snuggle with my honey and watch War Horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment