April 29, 2012

TASTING PLATE

Sunday Afternoon: 4/29/12


Today's lunch was a tasting plate of sorts. I love variety and it is fun to have several different textures and items to eat so I present: the Veggie Fruit Cracker Cheese Plate!
With a side dipping sauce of a TBS of Annie's creamy asiago cheese dressing. I have been hearing about Annie's dressings for quite some time and so I picked up my first bottle on our Whole Foods haul yesterday. This was great! Very flavorful, so even though I only used a TBS a little bit went a long way.

We got two of the Whole Foods brand of crackers yesterday (their brand is 365). I especially like these veggie crackers! Always love a list of ingredients that is all-natural as well.
The goat cheese was a new kind we had never tried before. It is from a farm in Indiana (yay for shopping local!) and is certified humane, which is a big deal to us.
(The big white cat in the background is Cotton! Now only Dixie has yet to be featured on the blog...) This cheese was delicious and I couldn't decide what it was better on, the crackers or the blueberries! I only used a 1/4 of an ounce because while I love cheese quite a bit it is very high in saturated fat so it is another of those "a little goes a long way rule."


Sprint Intervals

At the gym this afternoon I did 37 minutes on the treadmill doing sprint intervals. All-out run for 1 minute, recover at quick walking pace for 2. Repeat. 

It was great! I was feeling very strong and powerful on my sprints and kept taking my speed higher :) Hopefully I am totally past whatever was making me feel so fatigued and off the past couple of days.

Cleaning all afternoon some more!

{Edited to add}
Had a tiny afternoon snack of some pretzels with a brand new nut butter! I just love nut butters so much and am always looking for new ones to try and wow, this may be my favorite yet. It's called White Chocolate Wonder by Peanut Butter & Co. This is the first butter I have tried by them and it tastes amazing! I tried a tsp. of it with 7 pretzels. Salty + sweet = a perfect combination!
A white chocolatey peanut butter that is so smooth it is practically a frosting. Drool.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try this one! Did you get it at whole foods?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white chocolate wonderful? Yes :)

    ReplyDelete