April 22, 2012

GAS STATION BREAKFAST

SUNDAY MORNING: 4/22/12
This morning it was time to head back on the road and make the two hour trek back home. (Thank goodness for iPods)

Not really taking time for a sit-down breakfast this morning and definitely NOT going through fast-food for breakfast, I knew it was up to me to peruse the gas station for something to give me a little morning fuel and still be mindfully healthy.

*Note that when you are going to do something sedentary, such as sitting on your bum driving for two hours, that you do not need as large of a breakfast as, say, if you are about to start an active day. A common thing that people do is to eat pretty much the same amount of calories for breakfast as they are used to each day. Really though, it should vary day to day depending on what your activities until lunch-time entail. Don't consume extra calories just out of habit that your body will not be able to break down and burn that day and it just sits comfortably building a tire around your waist.*

I came out with this banana and a bottle of water! Bypassing all of the processed doughnut cakes and streusel something or others as well as the day-old doughnuts and funky sausage breakfast things that contain enough saturated fat for the next week.
My banana was the strangest shape! Can you see how completely oblong it is instead of circular? Plus there was not really a stem at the top to peel it so I attacked it with my non-existent nails (please don't look at them in this photo...too late...you looked) until I had turned the first inch of banana into mush and successfully peeled it's clothes off.

Fairly uneventful ride home, but I had to take a picture (while stopped at a stop light of course!) of this sign. A whole square named for me! Too bad it is a little sketchy looking... Oh well, I suppose I'll take what I can get

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic of Jordan Square and compliment you on your breakfast of champion choice.

    ReplyDelete