April 19, 2012

SPLIT LUNCH

THURSDAY AFTERNOON: 4/19/12
"Don't trade what you want most for what you want in this moment!"
Favorite motivational quote right now :)

Whew! It is WARM out there- but I will not complain to have such a beautiful day!

So whenever I have a half day I go to the gym at 1pm instead of 5:30. This always makes for a tricky lunch because while I do not want to be full of food and weighed down while attempting to do some form of cardio, I don't want to be empty either. I need some fuel! This normally results in a small lunch split into two portions.





Had some cottage cheese an hour before the gym to get that casein protein for energy.
Tiny bowl with a tiny spoon for slower consumption ;)







WORKOUT SO FAR

I biked to the gym (we only live about 2 miles away) to soak up some of this gorgeous day. Since I was biking to and from and plan on biking a bit more this evening plus a walk with my momma, I decided to keep my gym time light today.
-20 minutes on the elliptical (204 cal. burned) 
-leg machine
-some ab equipment
-bike around a bit and head back home!

Weight: 121.9 

Came home to gobble down some veggies to fill the hollow pit in my stomach that started forming on the ride home!

Mixed frozen stir fry veggies with a few fresh veg. from the fridge on their last leg:

I sautéed them all in a bit of olive oil spray until warm and then put a couple of TBS. of marinara on them.



Muir Glen makes the most amazing organic products and this Cabernet Marinara is no exception. (With cabernet in the title how can you go wrong?!) With both great nutritional facts and an ingredients list that can't be beat, this sauce is a double hitter! (And did I mention delicious?)


OM NOM NOM

About ready to head back out on the bike to pick up a couple things from the grocery (really wish our Whole Foods wasn't an hour away- we can only make it there on weekends). Then once my momma gets done with work- she ALSO owns a daycare, like mother like daughter!- we are headed out on a walk!

Have a hopefully great creation for tonight! Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment