April 30, 2012

A MESS OF A MEAL

Monday Afternoon: 4/30/12


Whoo! My mouth is on fire! I still had some of the stuffing from my Mexican stuffed peppers left over to use. I combined it with a TBS of Salpica jalapeno queso dip and heated it up. This was my first time to try the queso and it was spicy and tasty! Could NOT pass up a cheesy dip that is 15 calories for two TBS. Seriously.

Then I mixed the filling up with a little kale and butter lettuce and topped with salsa, a dab of FAGE, and Xochitl corn tortilla chips (we love this brand).
Kind of a mess in there, but a delicious, spicy one!

Know what I wish I would have had extra to add on there? Avocado. But it was good nonetheless.

Afternoon Workout

I am soaked in sweat, arms are shaking so much it's hard to type and I am grinning from ear-to-ear!! I just conquered ZWOW 14!! WOW. That. Was. Tough. I had never even heard of ZWOW until I saw someone tweet about a ZWOW workout. A ZWOW is a Zuzana Light (that's a person) Workout of the Week. There are tons of videos on you-tube you can follow along with but I did the 14 just because this is the one I saw the person tweet about. 

This ZWOW was:
-10 push presses
-10 thrusters
-10 back lunge curls
-10 preacher curls
-10 weighted jump lunges
-10 broad jump burps

Then do it all FIVE times. I did have to stop about 3 times for water- it was intense! The broad jump burpees were so killer and it is tough at the end to keep good form, but good form is always  crucial when exercising. Remember: 5 reps of good form is much better than 15 reps of bad form. 

I will definitely be coming back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment