April 25, 2012

NOT STRESS EATING

Wednesday Afternoon: 4/25/12


Leftover chicken curry + lettuce = Chicken curry salad
Threw some cherry tomatoes, green peppers and a dollop of Fage on top.
Simple. Quick. Tasty. Healthy. HAPPY!
































Today has been somewhat stressful so far (doesn't help that it's all gray, gloomy and rainy out either). My inclination is always to go on a bit of an eating binge whenever I start to feel the effects of stress or tiredness, and those two combined are deadly.

I am working hard though to learn not to search for solace or comfort in food because honestly it doesn't help anyway. As soon as I am done eating I look for other food to fill the void until I have eaten so much that I feel awful and hate myself. How's that for honesty?

I know not everyone has problems like this, but I also know that many people do. It took me years to even recognize that these were triggers of mine. Whenever I read something or watched a show like The Biggest Loser and they would talk about emotional eating I never even gave a second thought to that being me. It was not until I faithfully food journaled and began to see a pattern of when I ate well, when I ate poorly and that how I felt affected how I ate.

Afternoon Workout

This afternoon did this ab circuit 2x through.
It is soo killer good! My abs are burning now!


Plans

Gym tonight is going to be pretty simple. With the way my mood is today it doesn't make me really want to go to the gym at all. So when I know I need to go but don't feel like it I always tell myself I will only go and do whatever I feel like doing for only as long as I feel like doing it. Anything is always better than nothing.

Also my Wednesday weight is never really very different from Tuesday. Often it only drops very slightly or could even go up a bit. 

When I get home we are fixing dinner for Zach's parents tonight to talk to them about THEIR trip to Hawaii that's later in the year. Since this June will be my fourth time going I guess they see me as a Hawaii Travel Agent :D

Here's Zach and I on our honeymoon in Oahu, Hawaii back in June of 2008!
Several years younger and a few pounds heavier (at least in my case, Zach's pretty much the same!)

No comments:

Post a Comment