April 30, 2012

BRUSSELS

Monday Evening: 4/30/12


Workout

Our race is this Saturday! Crazy!! I didn't do any running tonight (legs too shot from broad jump burpees!) but am going to try get in some good running on Tuesday and Thursday this week.

Tonight I did a sweaty 30 minutes on the arc trainer and burned 373 calories.

Weight: 120.1 DOWN FROM FRIDAY!!! What?! I never lose weight on the weekend! So very pleased :) 

Leftovers

Well, I had a meal planned for tonight, but considering tupperware is falling at my feet whenever I open the fridge...I thought it best that we use up some of the abundance of leftovers that are accumulating!

The problem is that I always forget to halve a recipe (since I am only cooking for Zach and I!) and end up with enough to feed an army by the end of the week. So tonight's mish-mosh of "whatever falls out of the fridge" was a combination of: grapes, the cauliflower raisin dish from last Wednesday, a sliver of last night's pizza and cooked up some frozen brussel sprouts. (Side of organic ketchup for brussels dipping)
Roasted brussel sprouts (from frozen): coat with a little olive oil, sea salt and pepper and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. I LOVE brussel sprouts! How did I forget just how much I love them?!
The whole meal was delicious and satisfying with so many tastes and textures!
Zach used up the last of the chicken curry and the stuffing from the Mexican stuffed peppers (that I used in my salad at lunch today!) and made a nacho dish. Side of brussels and grapes for him as well!
He offered me a chip. I did not say no.
Sorry for the later post, we hosted Bible study at our house tonight!

So for Mon-Fri I am not going to be enjoying any wine as a little extra push to get race-ready for Saturday. That will make a glass on Saturday evening after finishing that much sweeter :)

By the way, only 53 days until Hawaii!!!!

Made up an evening snack by mixing my a tsp of my new White Chocolate Wonderful (can NOT get enough!!) with a half a tsp of Cacao Bliss to make a creamy, chocolatey dip for two organic Whole Foods Brand graham crackers. (Added a tsp of the white chocolate wonderful peanut butter on the side)
What a perfect combination <3

No comments:

Post a Comment