April 18, 2012

PERSONAL RECORD


WEDNESDAY EVENING: 4/18/12

Ate a banana with a tsp. of maple almond butter (soo good) before heading to the gym after work. I wasn't super hungry but needed a little fuel before my run. Turned out to be a little too heavy and partway into my run I was repeating to myself to eat HALF the banana next time.















Got a new PR (personal record) on my mile tonight!!! My previous best for a mile was 8 min. 51 seconds. I am by no means a champion runner, so bear with me. Tonight I got a mile in at 8:42! Not too monumental for a lot of people I know, but for me- Victory! Can't wait to get it even lower!

Weight tonight: 122.8
I know that for many the low 120's is their ultimate goal, but on my 4' 11" frame it is TOO much. Hopefully lower tomorrow...

Dinner tonight was a fairly simple, healthy recipe from  Better Homes and Gardens: Easy Dinners/Healthy Recipes of Lentil and Veggie Tostadas.














This was my FIRST time to make lentils and I was impressed!
















The line-up of:
salt
minced garlic
cumin
fresh cilantro
onion
FF mozzarella
tostada shells
broccoli
zucchini
This dices onions like nobodies business and results in minimal crying 

What the above chopper is to veggies, this baby sister is to herbs! Perfectly minced fresh cilantro anyone?


















This food scale was a Christmas gift and is a LIFE-saver. I actually used less cheese than the recipe called for just to save a bit on calories. A little cheese goes a long way :)


And the finished product! (I can't give out the exact measurements or recipe since it's not my property) Basically you
-cook the lentils along with the onion and all the spices until the water is absorbed and then mash it into a paste.
-top tostada shells with paste -> veggies (I added tomatoes and mushrooms as well) -> cheese
-broil for a few minutes and enjoy!



CRUNCH! Like a little miniature, healthy pizza 



End of the evening palate cleanser of a handful of cinnamon sugar pita chips











Off to watch some dance show on MTV with the husband!

Oh! Forgot to add that after dinner Zach (the husband) and I went for a walk to aid digestion :D

No comments:

Post a Comment