April 23, 2012

PURPLE FISH

MONDAY AFTERNOON: 4/23/12


Gargantuan Produce

Can you tell just HOW big these are?!
Zach came home with what seems to be genetically mutated versions of some vegetables!
Green Pepper vs. Jordan's head
Nothing quite like a filled produce basket for the week



















Lunch


Lunch was a simple but tasty meal of grapes and some of the leftover Sweet and Sour Fish from dinner last week on a salad.


I thought if I can't enjoy a glass of vino during lunch the next best thing in a wine glass? Grapes!
Grapes in a wine glass, how ironic
Do not be alarmed about the tuna steak's unsightly purple blemishes...it's just residual juice from the grapes that were cooked with the mixture!


This lunch was delicious, filling and covered most of my food groups. (Served with water of course, as always.)

Artisana


















All right, it is time to introduce you to a brand that I adore: Artisana. Their products are all-natural, all organic and you can pronounce (and recognize) each ingredient in the list. Both the coconut butter and the cacao bliss make for amazing oatmeal toppings but can also be used for other things.

They are in a solid form at room temperature and can be used just as I did this morning by flaking. You can flake them into something hot (such as the oatmeal) and they melt to a creamy consistency. You could also just leave them in flake form such as on cereal, in yogurt, etc. It's like chocolate shavings.

Another thing you can do is heat them up- just stick the whole jar in the microwave, but MAKE SURE YOU TAKE THE CAP OFF, and heat until a melty substance is in it's place. I love to use the coconut butter when making tofu stir fry and just flake it right into the pan with along with the other ingredients.

The cacao bliss is like frosting!!! Love it mixed with pb on apples, plain on a graham cracker or rice cake, as a fro yo topping, the list is endless! (These also can both come in handy with baking)

Now with both of these, a little goes a long way. The calorie content for 2 TBS is pretty much always equal to 2 TBS of PB. You can always feel good with your choice though knowing that is a whole food and not a processed, chemical laden additive. 

These can be a little on the pricey side for their size, but they will last you forever and are completely worth the purchase!

Gym

Looking forward to heading to the gym this evening but I don't think I will be running today. My legs still feel a little wobbly from the past two days so I am planning on a different form of cardio and maybe some weight machines!

One thing about Mondays is that my weight is almost always inevitably up since Friday. I hate that because I spend the first two days of the week playing catch-up and redeeming myself to get back to Friday's weight before I can begin to take new weight off. I know the only way to counter-act this is to have healthier weekends and that is something I am definitely working towards with this blog!

Bear with me and we can learn how to get it right together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment