April 28, 2012

PETITE CHOU

Saturday Evening: 4/28/12


Gym

So guess who couldn't handle being sedentary on a Saturday? (If you guessed Jordan you're correct) I got to feeling a LOT better and besides a persisting sore-ish throat I am fine! So off to the gym I went :) Didn't do anything very strenuous, just did 10 each on the elliptical, treadmill and arc trainer and burned an even 300 calories. I just feel pleased that I got to move around!

YUM

I was so excited for our dinner restaurant tonight- Petite Chou! This place is completely up Zach and I's alley for restaurant choices. Their food is purchased locally and organically according to what is fresh and in season. I had been here for brunch once before and had an incredible experience and KNEW that I wanted to take Zach here for dinner sometime! (Conveniently it's located about two seconds from the Whole Foods that we shop at)

Ready to head to dinner

Did I mention Petite Chou is a champagne bar? :D I had these two beauties during the night...
Hibiscus Champagne
Pomegranate Champagne



















Did you notice the hibiscus flower in the first glass?!

We started with an appetizer of Duck Fat Frites served with a mustard dipping sauce and an aioli. This tasted incredible!! I had never had duck fat fries before and should probably limit my intake of them to oh, say, once a year haha! (But this whole dinner was about enjoying our date out by ordering what sounded best!)
Zach ordered the Chicken Paillard: seared, flattened, free-range chicken breast served with
your choice of either a lemon-scented pan sauce or a traditional mustard sauce,topped with baby arugula and shaved Parmesan along with a side of Gruyere Mac & Cheese (mmm Gruyere!). I, of course, was rewarded my obligatory few bites ;)
I ordered the Croque Monsieur:Premium ham, creamy béchamel sauce, Dijon mayonnaise and Gruyere cheese with a side of greens. (Zach received bites of mine.) Both dinners were so, so good. Although if I had to pick a favorite it would hands down be the mac and cheese...I am just such a pasta fanatic.
We ended the meal with the most increeeeeedible dessert. We had heard they were KNOWN for their dessert crepes and they did not disappoint! After looking over a long menu of decadent choices, we settled on the Caramel Apple Crepe. This must have been pretty new because I can't even find it on their online dessert menu. It was a fluffy crepe wrapped around apples cooked in butter and brown sugar all topped with caramel gelato. W.O.W. I probably shouldn't even have this thing once a year, more like every two!! But it was soooo worth it!
Sigh :) I not only had the best food this evening, but also the best company you could ask for!! We are off to continue this date by going to the hot tub (my parent's have one) and then "someone special" has offered to paint my toenails for me when we come home :D Who needs to go somewhere to get a pedicure when you've got guys like this?!

No comments:

Post a Comment