April 25, 2012

DINNER PARTY WITH THE IN-LAWS

Wednesday Evening: 4/25/12
Man, today has been a beat down day. Definitely one of those days that I have to refer to my Got Motivation? page for a little oomph of inspiration. I think I can actually blame it on getting too MUCH sleep the past two nights. I really need 8 solid hours to feel good the next day, but more than 8 and I can start to feel sluggish.
This is me putting on my can-do face to push through my workout

Gym

Did 30 min. on the treadmill at the gym marching along at a 4.0 at a 15 incline while reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. (I've read the series once before but it's been quite a while.) Burned 454 calories and even though I was dragging my feet out the door I of course now am feeling my mantra of "you never regret a workout!"

Weight: 120.9 Told 'ya Wednesday weight is always pretty consistent with Tues.

Snack

Was feeling super hungry when I got back and I knew that dinner was still over an hour away so I had the very last of a bag of trail mix from Trader Joe's- love that stuff!



Fish and In-Laws
We got dinner underway after the gym to create "Mahi-Mahi with Cauliflower" except ours became "Tilapia with Cauliflower!" When you've got it on hand...use it!

We lightly browned the fish on one side and then seasoned it with some sea salt and pepper and then baked it in the oven just until cooked. Meanwhile on the stovetop we cooked up some cauliflower in butter (yes- REAL butter :) It's okay to use every great once in a while, just remember a little goes a long way!)  We added slivered almonds, golden raisins, coriander and parsley and cooked it all up to delightful perfection.


We paired it with a side salad and man was it good! The fish and cauliflower were so amazing and I will most definitely be fixing this again. Good and good for you!



Ready to relax and enjoy my evening with the sweet guy who does my dishes ;)

{Edited to add}
We went for a drive and got some IY (Incredible Yogurt)! I got a kiddie cup of Mint Choco Chip and he got a kiddie cup of Cake Batter-which of course I had to try a bite of. We always choose the Fat-Free, Sugar-Free flavors of the day which are only 9 calories an ounce. The kiddie cup is only 4 oz. so it's 36 calories of goodness!!!

Love the McDonalds in the background haha- NOT an endorsement :)

No comments:

Post a Comment