April 20, 2012

JUSTINS

FRIDAY AFTERNOON: 4/20/12
A pretty basic lunch today of a salad and an apple. Both were jazzed up a bit though to make them a little more palatable ;)

This guy was paired with a 1/2 TBS of Justin's Maple Almond Butter. Oh. So. Good. I love nut butters in general and am constantly buying new ones and this one does NOT disappoint. The flavor, the texture, it's just so great. I am so anxious to try out more of Justin's amazing flavors.

(Fun fact: I was informed by Tone It Up trainers K&K via Twitter that it is called Justin's because in college he used to label his peanut butter so his roomies wouldn't eat it! :) )

Salad was some hearts of romaine with grape tomatoes/carrots/hard-boiled egg with a little bit of homemade honey mustard dressing.

The dressing is exactly as it sounds- honey (organic) + mustard. What could be more simple? (Yet as long as you go light on the honey it's healthfully delicious!) Sometimes I like to add a dash of red pepper flakes for some heat.





B-TOWN

Today after I get off work Zach and I are headed to the gym for turbo kick and then I am taking off for Bloomington! My best friend attends IU (but only for two more weeks!) and graduates in a couple of weeks so I am going to spend one last weekend with her in that lovely town. I am so looking forward to a weekend filled with time spent with my favorite girl involving good talks that flow as frequently as good wine :D
BFF love

I am so very ready to get this workday done with and kick off my fun-filled weekend with Turbo! Zach and I go to turbo every Friday night and Saturday morning that we possibly can! It is a great cardio, calorie-torching workout that is FUN. I really look forward to it every week.

I will be missing tomorrow morning's turbo (along with strength training which we do Sat. mornings as well) but I think I can pass it up for some time in B-town, definitely a fair trade :)

Not sure what my eating or workout schedule will entail the next couple of days while I am away, but I am determined to be smart as well as have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment