April 24, 2012

PORTOBELLO "PIZZA"

Tuesday Afternoon: 4/24/12
Do everything you set out to do today! What's stopping you? You will never get today back.

Lunch today is one of my fav-or-ite things to make! Portobello Pizza!

My portobello mushrooms were absolutely enormous. Part of the gargantuan produce Zach brought home that I talked about in yesterday's post. I cut the stem and all the frilly stuff out of the mushroom and sliced some green peppers (also gargantuan) and put it all under the broiler until cooked.

Then I topped my "pizza" with a couple of TBS of Muir Glen cabernet marinara, a small handful of fat-free mozzarella cheese and a couple shakes of red pepper flakes to put back under the broiler just until the cheese gets nice and melty.

Top with peppers and...voila! Guilt-free pizza!


This is so tasty and there are so many topping combinations that you can come up with. Since I have three of these monsters (well two now :) ) you will most likely be seeing another one soon!

Work Out

For my afternoon nap-time workout (me working out while the daycare kids are napping) I'm just doing a lot of free weights for the arms. I have 8 lb. dumbbells- reallllly need to get some 10 lb. because I only use 10's and 12's at the gym- and I use them to do a series of arm moves such as flys, chest presses, tricep kickbacks, bicep curls, etc.

This evening at the gym I need to do some running. Not necessarily shooting for a speed or specific distance, just endurance in general tonight. Gotta get more miles under my belt before the race!

HAWAII!!!
So....in just 58 days Zach and I are headed to Hawaii for two weeks!!! We are SO excited and as it is getting closer and closer it is just one more reason to keep busting it in workouts and eating really well. I have a goal weight of 109 for when we go. There. I posted it. How's THAT for accountability?!

Be back for dinner!

Or Snack
I lied...be back for an afternoon snack apparently! My stomach got growly and I could tell if I wanted to be able to move at all after work that I needed a bit more in my tummy to fuel me on!

Enter a tiny bowl of Greek Yogurt! I use FAGE and love it. I always sweeten it with a bit of honey or agave but today I did something I have never done before, added 1/4 tsp. of unsweetened baking cocoa along with the honey!

Chocolately yogurt with granola on top? Yes please!
Hey everybody! :)
This was a great few bites and I thoroughly enjoyed it...obviously.
NOW I will be back for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment