April 19, 2012

OATMEAL BLISS

THURSDAY MORNING: 4/19/12
Mmmmmm. Nothing gets me out of bed as fast as the thought of some oats with toppings for breakfast!!
I could easily go overboard on oatmeal toppings and end up with a higher calorie breakfast than if I had gotten fast food (though still better for you since it is REAL food!!) so I have to be careful with my topping selection.


Today's bowl was:
-1 pkg of instant oats
-1/2 cup of 2% milk (prefer Unsweetened Almond milk but we're all out!)
-1/2 banana
-a few raisins
-drizzle of honey (for sweetness- I don't use artificial sweeteners with the exception of Truvia once in awhile, which isn't actually artificial)
-cinnamon
-a tsp of all-natural PB 

I mix all the toppings in after heating the oats + milk in the microwave.


:) Perfection. Especially the way the peanut butter melts into the oats and turns them into PB oats!

Whenever a beverage is not pictured, I am ALWAYS drinking water. For the most part I am NOT a beverage person (with the exception of wine :D). I don't enjoy juices/coffee/pop/tea/hot chocolate or any drink really. It's one area that I know I am not over-consuming calories in at least! But all day, every day I am drinking water- I shoot for 90 oz. a day.

BOOTY CALL

No, I am not referring to a late night poor decision (I'm married for crying out loud!). Every morning I do a "booty call" workout. It's my booty calling me to get up and make some good choices for it! Tone It Up trainers Katrina and Karena (K&K) say that every morning you should set your alarm a little early and get up and do 30 minutes of SOME kind of physical activity to start your day. I do a booty call (BC) Mon-Fri and take weekends off. My BC is almost always a half hour on the $12 garage sale find of a gazelle that sits in our front living room.

So this morning was a half hour on the gazelle before I dug into that DE-licious bowl of oats!

HALF DAY

I have a half day of work today!!!!! And the forecast is 75 and sunny, so this girl can't WAIT to get outside! 


See ya after lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment