April 29, 2012

RUSTIC PIZZA

Sunday Evening: 4/29/12


Excellent dinner!! Zach was gone tonight coaching a soccer game and Mom and Dad came over for supper. I knew JUST what I wanted to fix tonight- homemade pizza!! Yesterday at whole foods I picked up a Rustic Crust cheesy herb pre-cooked pizza crust. This crust was SO good! The flavor was great and it was not too thin and not too thick!

We topped it with:
-home-made pizza sauce: just sauté onion and garlic in a little EVOO, add tomato paste, water and spices and cook until thickened
-red peppers
-green peppers
-mushrooms
-black olives
-turkey pepperoni
-FF mozzarella cheese
-Applegate Organics fire roasted red pepper chicken and turkey sausage (this sausage has all of the flavor WITHOUT all of the fat. Seriously. Check out the nutritional profile of these and you won't go back. No antibiotics, humanely raised, no fillers, etc. etc.)
Pizza went into the oven for 15 minutes and we enjoyed some salads while we waited. I topped mine with a small bit of lite Italian dressing.
Also enjoyed a glass of Cab throughout the meal and after! It was an 8 oz. pour but I ended up only having 5 1/2 oz. of it
Then out came the pizza, looking beautiful and smelling delicious.
















After my first slice I had to have one sliver more, it was just too good! My family loved it as well :)
Off to spend some quality time with the folks!

We ended up taking a drive and just happened ;) to drive by IY where I picked out the sugar-free flavor of the day- a kid's cup of strawberry banana fro yo! Topped with some crushed graham crackers. 40 cal. of tummy-happiness (although I have to admit that the strawberry banana was NOT my favorite flavor...)
When I got home I was still feeling snacky (most likely only because I was a not super crazy about my fro yo flavor) but knew that I did not need a whole 'nother snack, so I settled on having a tablespoon of that fabulous White Chocolate Peanut Butter!

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment