October 4, 2012

A PEANUT FOR A MACADAMIA

Thursday Evening

Whoo-hoo! The girls won tonight (11-0...ouch!) and so now both the girls and boys teams will be playing in the sectional championships games on Saturday! Man, they must have one great coach ;)

When I got home from the game I was HUNGRY and wishing dinner would magically appear in front of me. Alas, I am the wizard who had to make the food appear by first preparing it...luckily it didn't take too long. On tonight's menu was Tone It Up's macadamia crusted tilapia and I created a broccoli brown rice side dish.
I actually used peanuts on the tilapia because macadamias are expensive!! I have actually never had one (to my knowledge) and was looking forward to trying them but when I saw how much they were I decided to wait until a later date...or a restaurant. I made an incredibly pico to go on top of the fish made of fresh pineapple + onion + jalapeƱos + tomato.
The fish pre-pico.
 I cooked brown rice on the stove-top and mixed in some curry powder, lemon juice and Tamari. Broccoli was steamed and got stirred into the rice at the end.


 The broccoli was a little spicy and the fish was REALLY spicy! In a good kind of way :) I liked them both quite a bit though, especially the fish.


 Can't wait for Zach to get home and eat his dinner!



No comments:

Post a Comment