October 12, 2012

FRITTATA

Thursday Evening

*Well I said I would have this post up last night but we got home so late I crashed right into bed!*

During nap-time I chopped cauliflower and zucchini and shredded parmesan cheese for dinner. I wanted to cook something up before the game so that I didn't have to try to take food tonight or wait to eat after. My meal tonight came from Now Eat This. I am so in love with this cookbook- it's all makeover versions of unhealthy favorites! Tonight was a veggie frittata.
I had actually never made a frittata before but I love eggs and I have just always known I would love a frittata. I have a huge, nice oven-safe skillet that I don't get to use nearly enough. Tonight was the night for it to shine!

First sautéed cauliflower and zucchini in a bit of EVOO. Added minced garlic, jarred red peppers and salt and pepper and cooked a bit longer. While that was cooking I whisked parsley, parmigiano reggiano cheese and egg substitute together. Poured that over the top of the veggies and stirred until the egg was cooked enough to form clumps. Patted the top down and stuck the whole skillet in the oven until set.
Mom had some too and we ate this with romaine salads tossed in EVOO, pepper and parm.

 Sorry it's not the most colorful/attractive presentation! I should have used a different colored plate...
Great frittata! I loved the cauliflower in it especially. I have so many different frittata versions in my head now :) You can make one with literally any ingredients as long as you include eggs!

Now off to the game to cheer on our boys, it should be a good game!!

No comments:

Post a Comment