October 13, 2012

PEPPED UP SHRIMP

Saturday Evening

While I was busy today working out, showering, blogging, menu planning among other things, Zach cleaned the whole house! He told me he was going to straighten up, but I did not expect a top-to-bottom deep clean! He even swept my classroom :) I've got the most thoughtful guy.

Speaking of thought, there was none thought wasted on dinner tonight- I knew exactly what I was making since it was what was supposed to be for dinner last night! I created a shrimp dish "Peppery Shrimp and Asparagus."
I chopped about 8oz. of asparagus and cooked them in olive oil spray with some pepper. When the asparagus was nearly tender I added 8oz of pre-cooked shrimp to heat. While this was going on in one pan, in a saucepan I had one cup of cous cous cooking in two cups of low-sodium veggie broth.
Last I added 3 TBS of sun-dried tomatoes and a bit of brown mustard to the asparagus and shrimp and then tossed it all in the cous cous for one flavorful dish!

I loosely based this recipe off of a cold asparagus/shrimp/brown rice dish from Easy Dinners, Healthy Recipes. Loved it! Plus it made lots and you know I like my leftovers :)
Zach and I are going to spend some much-needed time together (probably meaning him crushing me in games) before we head out to go haunted housing with good friends tonight!!

1 comment:

  1. This looks scruptious, and the bowl is great looking by the way.

    ReplyDelete