October 17, 2012

THERE IS PASTA IN MY SOUP...OR SOUP IN MY PASTA?

Wednesday Evening

A good time was had by all at the gym tonight! (Orrrr at least by me!) I did a combo of 15 minutes on the elliptical (161 calories...I think I was having a contest with the guy beside me...) and 15 minutes on the spin bike (89 calories).

Thank you, Mr. Crock Pot for dinner. I absolutely love getting back from the gym and having dinner ready!! Our meal was very simple and I put it together during nap-time so there was next to nothing to do this evening.
Red Bean Pasta Soup (I halved the recipe.)
-21 oz. low-sodium vegetable broth
-1/4 diced green pepper
-1/4 diced red pepper
-1/2 onion diced
-1/2 TBS chili powder
-1/4 tsp. cumin
-1/2 a 15oz. can red beans
All goes into the crockpot to simmer on low for 4-5 hours.

When I got home all that I had to do was throw in 4oz. of ww rotini. Topped the soupy pasta (pasta-y soup?) with parsley and it was a meal!

Delicious :)
Now Zach and I are doing some cleaning at the church and possibly trying on Halloween costumes tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment