October 2, 2012

BIRTHDAY MORNING

Tuesday Morning

Birthday's are still as exciting and fun to me as they always have been, but the actual DAY has lost some luster. (Unless it happens to fall on the weekend.) I love surprises and family and friends and gifts and fun and everything that goes along with celebrating, but often that doesn't happen on the actual birthday anymore. I had an amazing time last Saturday with first family and then friends. I am so looking forward to a little birthday trip in two weeks with Zach. Today though, today I work. :)

It kind of feels like a birthday since everyone that you never actually speak to in real life is wishing you a happy one on Facebook and people are texting and calling and my daycare kids are bringing me cards. What really helps it feel like a birthday though is when I open up my classroom for the morning and find this on my desk:
Roses, a card, and a gift from my sweet husband :)
The gift today was something new for the blog!!!
I was so excited because I have been getting really antsy for some new dishes to spice things up. The card said that I will be receiving a few more gifts leading up to my birthday weekend...hmm....
Breakfast this morning featured my new gift!
I cooked two slices of turkey bacon and made a blueberry yogurt parfait.

The parfait went: FAGE, blueberries, honey, granola, repeat.
It was a good birthday breakfast and I did a birthday 30 minutes on the gazelle. Not really sure what made them birthday minutes though...they felt like every other morning... ;)
Goodbye 23, Hello 24!! It's a whole new year of my life!!!!

1 comment: