October 16, 2012

WHY DO YOU BLEND ME UP, BUTTERCUP BABY

Tuesday Morning


 What IS that gorgeous thing up there!? Oh, hey, what's up cookie dough oatmeal? (She said in a casual voice trying not to betray how much she wanted to devour the bowl right on the spot.)

It was time to try out the cookie dough oatmeal creation again. Cooked my stove-top oats in typical fashion using the whipped banana technique. Then at the end of cooking stirred in a TBS of 60% ghiradelli until melted. If you remember from when I made this before, the banana lends enough sweetness that I like a little darker chocolate. It's funny because 60% used to be too dark for me and now I think I would like to go even darker!
 I let it all cool and then put it in my blender with vanilla, a small amount of brown sugar and a tiny amount of butter (the butter was a new addition). Blending this is really the trick to mix all the flavors and turn this into cookie dough!
 Topped off with some raw oats and a few more Ghiradelli chips.

I felt as though I had over blended because the volume seemed so small in this little bowl but it was so thick and rich that it was just right!

Prior to this amazing oatmeal I did 30 minutes on the gazelle and I am now ready to take on the day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment