October 8, 2012

HOT TAMALE!

Monday Evening

After work today it was Shreddin' time! Shredding with Jillian Michaels, that is. Tough tonight because I was feeling tired for some reason, but I did it and that's what really matters :)

Tonight's dinner is brought to you by Vegan Planet which is still proving to be a wonderful resource for healthy cooking! Hot Tamale Vegetable Pie
I prepped dinner during nap-time so that I could put the casserole dish into the stove as soon as I got off work. In one bowl I combined corn, green chiles, red onion and pimientos. In my new food processor :) :) I combined tofu, cornmeal, ww flour, chili powder, sugar, salt, baking powder and pepper.

This got so smooth in a way that my blender would NEVER have been able to do- love this thing!
I mixed it all together and once I got off work it went into the oven at 375 for a half an hour- perfect amount of time for me to work out and then eat!

I topped this with salsa and served with blue corn chips. I would have loved to have some FAGE on this but had none on hand.

Look at this :) Just when I think that the surprises are done, they keep showing up!
My birthday month continues :) This was the plate I used for dinner tonight, it has a big question mark on it and it's wonderful!

Time for Bible study!

No comments:

Post a Comment