October 12, 2012

TRY SOMETHING NEW

Friday Morning

I am so glad it's Friday. This week has seemed long for some reason. I wonder why it is that some weeks seem to fly and others seem to drag by? All I know is that I am ready for a weekend. Also ready to get a little bit more than 8 hours tonight, I feel like I need to play catch up!

The boys lost last night 2-1 in a really close, hard game. It was a great game of soccer, so fast-paced and intense. Unfortunately the other team outplayed us, but we are still so glad that we got the double sectional championships! Zach is one good coach (and handsome to boot! ;) ).

I decided to be adventurous and make a new recipe for breakfast today!  I got the recipe out of my Fitness magazine that I subscribe to and it looked worth trying!
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
-1 1/2 C soy milk (I used almond milk)
-1 C rolled oats
-2 bananas (chopped)
-1/2 C ap flour (I used whole wheat)
-1 TBS + 1 tsp baking powder
(This recipe makes 8 pancakes. I was just making them for Zach and I so I cut it in half to make 4!)

1. Puree milk + oats in a blender til smooth. Then add the rest of the ingredients and blend just a bit longer.
2. Let the batter rest undisturbed for 10 minutes
3. Spray a heated pan with cooking spray and dish out batter in 1/4 C increments. Cook approx. 5 min. on each side over med-low heat.

(I added cinnamon to the batter while cooking)

Two of these pancakes for 235 calories. With some real maple syrup added on top.

These were great! An easy, delicious pancake. I am not typically a pancake maker, but these might turn me into one! I can see so many variations in my head. And with PB? MMMM that would be good :)

Did my 30 minute gazelle workout and now to get through the Friday workday and find the weekend at the end of the rainbow!


No comments:

Post a Comment