July 25, 2012

ASPARAMATOES

Wednesday Afternoon


Smaller group in daycare today. I get so spoiled in the summer because people are ALWAYS out for some reason or another and I never have a full load. Come fall my schedule is going to be looking pretty crazy this year though. Lots of kids going to kindergarten which means lots of spots being filled with new little ones!

In the spirit of using more veggies I created a dish today. I call it "Asparamatoes"! Which is most obviously a blend of asparagus and onions. Er...tomatoes!
-I cooked my asparagus on the stove top and then chopped them into pieces.
-Threw tomatoes in just for the last few seconds to heat them.
-Then tossed it all with a bit of EVOO, S + P, oregano and pesto.
Banana on the side :)

It's Christmas colors in that bowl! Though we still have 4 more months until the season. (Four months?! Seriously? Is that it?!?! Yikes...)
You know, I really thought the asparagus was going to be my favorite part of this dish and the tomatoes were just extra but it was completely the other way around! LOVED the tomatoes in this- need to heat them up and season them more often!

Afternoon activity is more time on the gazelle (been doing a lot of that lately) as well as some jump rope, jumping jacks and butt kicks.

Got a busy night ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment