July 15, 2012

ITALIAN REUNION

Saturday Evening


Sorry for the late post! Yesterday was so busy and then we got home really late and then this morning I had to rush off to church! So back to yesterday...

After my hurried lunch post we went to Indy and I left Zach at a friend's house and continued on to see Leah! After many, many frustrating construction detours I finally found myself at her place to see her for the first time in over a month. We promptly went to Whole Foods! where I laughed, I cried, I bought a ton of groceries :) It was sooo nice to return to my favorite health food store!
Had a cheese sample while there of a goat cheese cheddar which was so awesome that I bought some!

Next we ventured to Harmony Winery which is right by Leah's apartment and has been open less than a year.
We did a full tasting and got to have 13 samples that were almost all completely terrific! I was so pleased with how much I enjoyed each flavor, they were delicious!
Had a couple of crackers during the tasting.
Our last taste was a red ice wine served in a chocolate cup!! Best ending to a tasting ever :)
 We went and got ready for dinner and I had Leah try our pineapple wine from Maui, so of course I had some too! ;)
 We got our menfolk and headed out!
 Dinner was at Iozzo's Italian Garden and we were fortunate enough to sit outside in the beautiful garden patio area, it was a gorgeous evening.
 Leah, Grant and I shared this bottle of white zin:
 My meal started with this simple, but tasty salad:
 I got the whole wheat spaghetti with Iozzo family sauce and their famous meatballs. I don't always care for meatballs but I went on a whim and these were really nice!
 Zach got a lasagna bolognese that was even better :)
 After dinner we went to Ball and Biscuit where I got this beautiful and tasty drink that I barely drank a fourth of :/ Shouldn't have ordered it really because I had just gotten to that point where I did not want any more to drink...
 On the way home I had two of these little cookies that Zach's friend brought- mmm!
Great night with great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment