July 24, 2012

THE GIRL WITH THE TURKEY CUTLETS

Tuesday Evening


It was a lovely time at the gym this evening :) Ran a mile on the treadmill (134 cal.) and then did 25 minutes on the arc trainer (301 cal.) while reading the third book in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series- "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest." Pretty good so far!

Tonight Mom came over for dinner and I fixed Mustard Turkey Cutlets. Have I mentioned how much I love simple recipes? Cause I do.

To make my sauce I combined cornstarch + salt + pepper in a pan and slowly whisked in apple juice concentrate, Dijon mustard and rosemary and cooked it until it got thick and saucy.

Then I simply heated up the grill, laid on the turkey cutlets that had been brushed with EVOO/salt/pepper and kept it lightly basted with the sauce. Extra sauce was brushed on at the end after the turkey came off the grill.
Also in the spirit of keeping it simple, side salads to complete the meal! I had/have a lot of veggies that need using and this is always a good way to do so.
Salad was dressed in a drizzle of the very last of my bottle of Annie's Asiago.
 Also had a deviled egg that Mom brought left over from Saturday's family cookout!
This turkey was easy, healthy and really good! Not the most blow-you-away recipe ever, but still tasty!

After dinner Mom and I did a little shopping (I picked up a new shirt to take to Georgia :) ) and then met Dad out at the Scoop. For those of you that may not know, Zach's family newly owns the Delta Greens putt-putt course and Delta Scoop ice cream shop! No ice cream for me tonight though :)

Now I'm chilling out with some cinnamon tea, watching Ninja Warrior and waiting for my man to get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment