July 11, 2012

HEAD CHEF AGAIN AT LAST

Wednesday Evening


There is something so incredibly satisfying about fixing your own dinner with ingredients you can trust and knowing it's all-natural and healthy :)

But first, the gym. Did 30 minutes on the elliptical (303 cal.). Exercise really is such a great thing. When I first mounted the elliptical I felt tired and sluggish and started out pretty slow and then once I got moving and the songs had me pumping I was flying and so was the time! :)

Then it was time to get home and prepare dinner for Hillary and I. On the menu? Italian baked chicken breasts and quick broccoli side dish, both from Taste of Home. Incidentally they are paired together as a meal on the same page.
Preheated the oven and then whipped together egg whites and balsamic vinegar in one bowl and combined bread crumbs, parsley, garlic salt and garlic powder in another.

Simply dipped the chicken (I used chicken tenders in the egg mixture first and the crumb mixture second. Put them in a baking dish, sprinkled with salt and pepper and baked them for about 20 minutes!
While that was baking I sautéed the broccoli in oil with some garlic. Tossed in the chicken broth, italian seasoning, pimientos, salt and pepper just until heated through. Topped with pine nuts and I've got a simple side dish!
The chicken was fabulously tender- no knife required!
I want to take special note that the broccoli is fantastic!!!
After dinner I got to go see the house Hillary is going to be moving into! Then we came home and I brought out two different pineapple wines we got in Maui.
We tasted an ounce of each...
Then I had 2 more oz. of the Maui Splash :)


No comments:

Post a Comment