July 30, 2012

PANDA WATCH

Sunday Afternoon


I have always wanted to see a panda bear. For pretty much as long as I can remember. Unfortunately not that many zoos in America have pandas. True story: The zoo in Washington D.C. DOES have pandas. When I was 11ish and we went to D.C. I was unbearably excited to see the pandas at the zoo. We got to the zoo, made our way around, found the panda exhibit!!!! aaaaand...dead panda. No, not right there in front of us (then I would have at least SEEN one!) but rather, just a sign letting us know that their panda had expired but *excitement* they would be getting a new baby panda from China in just a few weeks!!! When...I would be....back home. Biggest letdown ever.

So you can see why I was SO excited to do the Atlanta Zoo- it's one of the only other ones with a panda!  Kori and I started exploring....









 Then finally we came to it: the panda area!!!!!!!
 I saw not one, not two, but THREE adorable pandas!
 Then it was time to break for lunch. I was actually very impressed with the level of choices this place had!! I had a veggie burger (took the top bun off and ate it open-faced) with sweet potato fries. The veggie burger was mostly beans and it was somewhat spicy and so good! Seriously up there in my top 3 veggie burgers!
 We saw a few more exhibits before it was time to leave and get to the airport...

 I had such a good time getting to visit Kori this weekend! It really did fly by :/

No comments:

Post a Comment