July 24, 2012

STORM WATCH

Tuesday Afternoon


Crazy weather today! This morning a little after 10 while the kids were having snack time another huge storm cropped up. The rain was pounding so hard that you could not see a thing outside and the thunder was booming and the lightning cracking and it was just an all out mess! All the daycare kids handled it really well though. Now if the power had gone out it might have been a different story...

I had a lot of kale that I got from Zach's grandpa's garden that needed using up. Solution? Kale chips! I hadn't made these in quite awhile and I always enjoy them a lot. Especially with ketchup :) (Tossed them with EVOO + sea salt and into the oven at 400 for just about 7 minutes)
I also hard boiled an egg to have along with it. Kind of a deconstructed salad...or not really.



It's one of those days where it is so gloomy outside that you just want to curl up and take a nap. Unfortunately I cannot do that since I have to stay awake while my 10 kids nap... So the only thing to do is to keep moving! Which led to me cranking it out on the gazelle for 38 minutes of good cardio.


...back to add that I had several cinnamon graham crackers with nut butters. I was only being completely snacky for no good reason and was a few crackers in when I realized 1) I didn't photograph them!!! and 2) They really weren't event tasting that good. I was just mindlessly eating them and felt very unhappy about this. It is getting to easy to eat a bite of something and not take a picture and now I've gone and had a whole snack without a picture. It was my goal to take pictures of literally everything I ate, so I have to get back to photographing everything- even if it's only a bite (and hopefully that will help me NOT take random bites). Every bit truly does add up!

Also- those graham crackers, despite being organic and having a little better profile, still tasted pretty refined to me. I am becoming less and less enchanted with non-real foods. A good thing to be sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment