July 12, 2012

PACKED WITH POWER

Thursday Evening


Gym = 20 minutes of sprints on the treadmill! Definitely out of my running groove a little, this was tough- but I pushed and ran each of my sprints, ending at an 8.0! (175 burned). Twenty minutes was all I did because I knew I would be walking with Mom later this evening!

It's weird cooking a whole meal for two people and then eating alone and putting Zach's dinner away for later! I feel bad for him that he has to reheat it and doesn't get the food at it's peak of flavor and freshness :/

Tonight's dinner was Power Packed Beans and Rice from my Tone It Up plan. Since the plan is something you buy I can't reveal the recipe specifics, but here's the general idea...
Cooked up brown rice during nap-time (also prepped veggies- nap time is so nice for getting meal prep done!)
Then when I got back from the gym I cooked a bit of chicken on the stovetop. Once cooked it was cut into bite sized pieces and tossed back in the pan with diced red pepper, green pepper and roma tomato.
Added cinnamon, cayenne and chili powder and after some black beans got a thorough rinsing they got added too!

Threw in the brown rice to heat it back up and that was an easy dish!

Meanwhile had zucchini with just a bit of EVOO, salt and pepper grilling away.
Tasty, healthy, lean-clean-green dinner!!

 Love the balance of the heat from the cayenne with the sweet from the cinnamon!!
Food = Love

Back a bit later to add that Mom and I went for a nice 45 minute walk this evening AND I picked up a new cookbook at the book store- my first vegetarian cookbook!! (No I'm not a vegetarian, but I do like to cook that way a lot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment