July 17, 2012

SOFT OPENING

Tuesday Evening


Sorry for the late post- I've been golfing! Mini golfing that is...but backing up-

After my energy draining ZWOW today, gym was somewhat mild. Did 15 minutes on the treadmill at 15 incline (187 cal.) and 15 minutes on the arc trainer (165 cal.)

With Zach being gone all night again at soccer camp, Mom and Dad came over for dinner. I fixed an Asparagus Cheesy Potato soup.

First off I sautéed some onions in oil in a saucepan. Then threw in 3 TBS flour, cubed red potatoes, chopped asparagus, salt, white pepper, 2 cups of almond milk, and 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth. I stirred it to a boil and then covered and simmered while the veggies became tender.
 After a 15 minute simmer I added diced tomatoes, 4 oz. of white cheddar and 1/3 cup of FAGE.
My dinner consisted of my smaller leaf bowl size of this soup and then a bit of seconds!

 It was incredibly good!!!
 I did add some pepper for a bit more flavor, but this soup had incredible flavor anyway- I just love pepper!
 After dinner Mom, Dad and I went out to Delta Greens our putt putt course for the soft opening! It was friends and family night and tomorrow is the grand opening for both Delta Greens (mini golf) and the Delta Scoop (ice cream shop). Very exciting that it's ready for the masses at last! The Delta Scoop was providing free ice cream scoops for the friends and family tonight and I got a scoop of "cookie jar."

Delicious quality ice cream!!
As dusk fell I played 9 holes of putt putt with Zach and some of our friends until I realized I needed to get back and blog and hit the sack! I am exhausted right now, I still blame the ZWOW ;) So it's off to bed for me!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you didn't tell us about this! :( we so would have been there!

    ReplyDelete