July 21, 2012

EAT LOCAL

Friday Evening


What a fantastic evening!! I didn't have time to get to the gym after work since we were immediately leaving for Indianapolis! John and Heather appreciate the same type of restaurant as we do- one that sells organic food, sourced from local farmers with lots of healthy options on the menu. We had several options in mind for dinner, but one stuck out in particular- The Local.

It has been well over a year since Zach and I last ate at the Local, but we always recommend it because it was so good!

I really wanted a particular drink made, but they had no sage! So they recommended something and I drank it...and I liked it!
Heather got a Manhattan for the first time and it was quite an experience :)
For dinner I got the lamb burger: viking lamb, rosemary tomato jam, sautéed peppers and onions. With a side of french fries. 
This was so flavorful! I would never get a burger cooked more than mid-rare!!

Zach's pressed pork sandwich was also wonderful, but it was a special so it's not online and I don't know the details!!

John and Heather's meals (of which I also had bites...of course!) were also fabulous!
We made our way back to Muncie and on to the next destination- the Heorot! Zach had been dying to introduce John to the top craft beer place we have around here.
My drink is one of the few beers I can tolerate- a framboise! (The red tall one)

We ended the night by playing Clue and eating IY!! I had my usual sundae :) We just HAD to introduce Heather and John to the best fro yo around!
P.S. Heather won Clue after both John and Zach made WRONG accusations...just thought you'd wanna know ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment