July 31, 2012

FOGO DE CHAO

Tuesday Evening


That ZWOW was KILL-ER today! That along with not having a ton of time before Mom and Dad came over resulted in me doing a lighter workout this evening. Running shoes on, out the door and a hot and sweaty mile around the neighborhood! It was pretty tough, not going to lie. It's crazy knowing I was just running 3 miles at one time a month ago and now it is so much more difficult. It takes a lot of work to get in good running condition (for me at least!) and no work at all for that to die. But at least I am working at it again :)

Tonight I am heading with Mom and Dad (Zach's soccer team has tryouts so he couldn't go... :/) to Indy for dinner for Dad's birthday. We couldn't get a reservation until 9pm so we did the celebration backwards- dessert first!

Shortly after my run they came over and I presented Dad with a triple layer lemon meringue pie. Dad loves ANY-thing lemon. (Zach helped a bit while I made it at nap-time, such a good little kitchen helper :) )
I had a small slice to tide me over until our LATE dinner.
"Ohhhh they both have LAY-ers!" (Said by Donkey in Shrek)

We are surprising Dad with a trip to Fogo de Chao (fo-go dee shoun) (weird pronunciation!) tonight. Fogo is a Brazilian steakhouse which is always such a fun experience! Zach and I have one we adore in Chicago called ZED 451. I actually took Mom to Fogo in Indy for HER birthday this past year and she loved it.

The whole deal with a Brazilian steakhouse is that while they have a couple garden tables (salad, fruit, soup, etc.) it is all focused around meat. There are SO many different types of meat available and you have a token (at ZED it's a stone, at Fogo it's a card) that you put out when you want meat. Servers come around with meats and give you a very small portion of whatever type they have. When you are getting too much meat on your plate and want a break, take the stone away or flip the card over or whatever it is you do at that particular place.

I am not always big on meat, but at a place like this where all the meat is such good quality and cooked so very well I am totally down! :) Looking forward to a good dinner and will be home very late tonight (probably around midnight). Expect my pictures/report and a tired girl tomorrow morning!!

Recap

Dinner was so fun last night!

As far as my "rules"- no bread, check! small slice of pie, check! no drinks...welllll two outta three 'aint bad ;) Okay, I really did have the best of intentions about not getting a drink but apparently my willpower doesn't extend to having to wait a full hour in the really swanky bar area...
(It was totally delicious by the way!!!)
Sad faces since Zach couldn't come with us:
We had a fantastic surprise in that it was "Devour Downtown" week in Indy where a lot of the restaurants have deals going on and the prix fixe was only $35 a person!!
Here is the one plate I got from the garden bar, I ate a good amount of this but left a few things behind.
There is no way I could get a picture of each cut of meat- they come around so fast! But here are a couple of samplings of what we got: (not the best photos- bad lighting!!)

We tried everything from parmesan chicken, bacon wrapped filet, top sirloin, veal, ribeye, ribs, sausage and probably several others I am forgetting!!

They also bring a few big side dishes to share to the table: mashed potatoes (ate a good amount of these!), polenta (2 of these) and fried banana (just 1 bite, was getting too full!!)
A fun-filled family evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment