August 5, 2012

ABSTAIN FROM EVIL

Sunday Afternoon


Especially when evil comes in the form of nachos and hot dogs and loads of cookies!!! After our church service today there was a big lunch that had four components: hot dogs w/ the works, chips, nachos with the works, and tons and tons of homemade cookies. Normally I probably would have eaten a hot dog bun less, shared a few nachos of Zach's and sampled some of the cookies. But last Thursday I promised you guys (and myself!) that I would be eating salads for lunch through Friday.

So what did I do? Watched people eat and tried to stay as far away from the cookie table as possible. It's easier for me to resist the main foods, but homemade desserts....that was TOUGH! Thankfully my sweet husband rewarded me once we left with my favorite salad from Noodles and Company:
The Med salad! Mixed greens, feta cheese, kalmata olives, red onion, cavatapi noodles, tomatoes and I added shrimp.
See those curlicues of noodles? One of my favorite parts of this salad :) After I ate this I felt much happier.

Now we are on to getting our exercise with some outdoor games!! Let's see who will win tennis, disc golf and putt putt. Tell you what, if I win even one of these I will be shocked!

No comments:

Post a Comment