August 31, 2012

PROHIBITION

Friday Night

Zach and I had a double date tonight!! We met up with my friend Jami and her FIANCE Tim in Indy for dinner. Jami and Tim have been engaged since Zach and I were in Hawaii and this is my first time to see her- crazy!

We got together at The Libertine- a restaurant that I've been wanting to hit up pretty much since the first time I read about it in the Indy Monthly magazine. It's a prohibition era restaurant that is completely centered around amazing cocktails. The bartenders there are insanely knowledgeable and truly put on a show creating drinks! It was really hard to decide what to get 1) because they all looked amazing and intricate and 2) because I didn't know half of the ingredients in the drinks...

I am exhausted and we have an early wake up call to head out to ST. LOUIS!!!! I will leave you with pictures to recap my night and add more text whenever I get a chance to do it justice :)

My first drink: a Chartreuse Smash. I had never had chartreuse before but it was awesome! The mint was an especially refreshing touch :)
Zach and I shared this pull-apart bread to start. Yeast bread, Sun King wee mac, cheddar cheese. It was warm and salty and nice to find little pockets of cheese throughout :)
My dinner- the heirloom tomato tart. It was yellow and red heirloom tomatoes layered with fresh mozzarella cheese baked in a tart topped with arugula and shaved parmesan. My favorite thing of the night. I am really, really glad I ordered this and would most definitely get it again!
Zach's lake trout! Check that out- it's the WHOLE fish!!! He ate very bite except the tail and the tip of the head :)
Nightcap drink was a Pisco Sour. This smelled like fall (due to the nutmeg on top) and tasted like refreshing summer! A wonderful way to end our experience. We will most definitely be back here again!

NIGHT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment