August 7, 2012

TIME FOR A TRIP??

Tuesday Afternoon

Want to know the latest travel project I am working on? St. Louis!! Labor Day weekend will be the only full weekend that Zach has free from now until after soccer season, so we are taking full advantage! I am currently researching hotels, restaurants, hiking, activities and the like. It's always so fun to have a trip to look forward to :)

It's also nice to look forward to lunch, which is easy to do with a taco salad on the menu!
Yes that's right, today's featured salad is a take on taco. First I sautéed onions, green peppers and red peppers with some taco seasoning spices. Threw in piece of tempeh at the end just until they were heated through.
Then I piled this in a bowl of romaine with tomatoes + salsa + FAGE + crumbled Xochitl chips.
Who says you can't make a taco salad with sour cream and meat and cheese? I say you CAN! And I did. :) Unfortunately I was NOT crazy about the salsa. It was a three pepper salsa that was Whole Foods brand and I will not buy it again.
FAGE is the best sub for sour cream there is
This was hearty for a salad (I couldn't even finish it!) which I appreciated since I then spent an hour on the gazelle to make up for lost time this morning!
Dinner tonight is going to be creative and interesting...we shall see how it turns out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment