August 10, 2012

JORDAN AND THE GIANT PEACH

Friday Morning


Friday morning is a nice thing to type for sure :) (Though Friday EVENING is even better!!) 

Check out this peach!!
 It was muy enorme!! (And muy delicioso!)

Along with the peach I had a slice of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast with a thin schmear of butter. Yeah, real butter. I've said it before and I will say it again. People freak out over butter because of the calorie/fat content, but it is composed of REAL calories as opposed to fake. Which is infinitely better. There are some things that are not meant to be consumed and our body is not able to break down.

This butter will convert to real energy that I can burn off instead of something that just lingers in my system because my body does not know what to do with it. I am not saying go butter crazy, a little goes a looong way and I don't use it even every other day, but it is O K to use sometimes! Have you ever really looked at the ingredients on the label of margarine or butter substitutes? Do you know what all those words even mean? Have you looked up and researched some of the things you found? Well you should. A lot of the ingredients (even in the "healthy" choices like Smart Balance, which I bought for years) are chemical compounds created in labs- definitely NOT real food. Some of the preservatives (such as Disodium EDTA) that are used to prolong the life of the "food" are found in eye drops, contact solution, cleaning solution, shower and bath products, etc. Um...yum??

Moral of this story: Eat food grown from the earth, NOT in a lab!!!!!
*Rant ceased*


 On another note, check out my veggie basket:
It is literally overflowing with tomatoes and cucumbers!! Zach's Grandpa Bob and Grandma Sue have been keeping me stocked with fresh produce from their garden that tastes amazing. But I am now to the point where I have way more than necessary to feed two people!! Help! Anyone have any ideas for recipes that will use a bulk of tomatoes or cucumbers?

Anyone WANT any tomatoes or cucumbers? Mom?? Leah?? ANYBODY?! They sure are tasty :D

Lastly on this long-winded post (sorry!) is the booty call! Ditched the gazelle today for alternate cardio:
300 jumping jacks
300 butt kicks
300 jump ropes
100 high knees

Friday forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment