August 30, 2012

FUJI

Thursday Afternoon

It has been the most lovely half day!!! When I got off work Zach took me out to lunch to celebrate passing my inspection :) We headed to a new *gasp!* restaurant in Muncie called Fuji. It's a Japanese restaurant and despite it having a hibachi grill we went for one thing only- sushi.

I ordered a glass of their house merlot (hello! celebrating! ;) ) and Zach and I got a plate of gyoza dumplings.

The dumplings were very good and we ate our miso soup (that came with our sushi) at the same time as the dumplings.
Finally our sushi came out: a philly roll, hollywood roll and shrimp tempura roll.
Gotta say...disappointed! :/ I wanted to be really impressed and the atmosphere in this restaurant was awesome. They did a great job with it!
But the sushi was lackluster. It all contained similar flavors and nothing made any of the rolls stand out. The philly was too stuffed with avocado and cream cheese and it just wasn't balanced well. We also got a good deal since it was lunch, but the dinner prices looked a bit steep. Bummer!

After lunch we took a lovely stroll by the river and then when Zach had to head off to soccer I headed to the pool! Did some swimming and a lot of lounging (and more "Congo" reading!) and I declare this a fabulous half day.

More fun plans tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment