August 20, 2012

LET'S HAVE A BARBECUE

Monday Evening

Tuna barbecue that is! But first, the gym. So nice to be back in there! Did 30 minutes on the arc trainer and I was PUSHING. 404 calories zapped.

Dinner was waiting on me when I got home because tonight was a crock pot meal! Love those nights. Mondays are always the best for crockpot meals since we have to rush to eat and get to Bible study. Today at nap-time I filled the crockpot with the following:
-12 oz. can of tuna (drained)
-2 cups of tomato juice (low-sodium)
-1 diced medium green pepper
-1 diced celery rib
-1 TBS mustard
-1 TBS sugar
-3 TBS vinegar
-2 TBS worcestershire
-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
-2 TBS onion flakes
-dash of chili powder
and let it all cook on high for 4 hours.
It was supposed to make a sandwich sorta like a sloppy joe I think, but true to my style I ate it open-faced. Served on half of an Ezekiel bun.
Side salad accompaniment. I massaged olive oil and lemon juice and pepper onto romaine lettuce and added carrots, celery and cucumber.
The salad was boring, the tuna barbecue was awesome! A completely healthy comfort food that reminded me of summer and picnics and being a kid :)


Do you notice anything different about my veggie basket?
Well I did! That giant acorn squash thing does NOT belong! I didn't buy that at the grocery yesterday and I have no idea where it came from! I got home from the gym and it was in my basket!! I had locked the door behind me, so I knew someone had to get in with a key. Called my mom, wasn't her. Called my mom-in-law, wasn't her either! Where did this come from?! Magic squash...

*Daycare highlights from today*
My new girl telling me: "Jordan! I am so glad you are here!" :)
and one of my boys saying "Jordan, did you know there are crab apples in the world?"

Haha gotta love them! Off to study more in Romans with some great company!

No comments:

Post a Comment