August 13, 2012

FRIENDS ARE FUN

Saturday Evening

This was such a fun night with friends! Before the friends though I was with Mom. She came over and helped me chop lots of fruit for my fruit salad I made.
I have the coolest tool for pineapples. I have actually had it since we got married and have never used it until today. Well it's awesome!! It makes slicing up a pineapple so incredibly easy and I am definitely going to start buying fresh pineapple more often :)

It was an awesome fruit salad :)
Mom and I played Bananagrams and had a glass of wine. Catawba from Tonne Winery- very good! This bottle got finished over the course of the night.
I won a round of Bananagrams with a whole puzzle built around the word "nefarious" :)
Then it was cookout time at Grant's grandparent's beautiful house on the reservoir. Zach couldn't come because of a soccer scrimmage, and there were only five of us there, but it was still a lot of fun! I drank some champagne (had an unphotographed glass of Leah's skinny margarita mix that was really good!)...
Ate loads of fruit (especially these melon rum balls)....


Ate loads of chips....
And one lemon square.
Played around in the pool room...
Then visited the water....


 After that we stopped by the fair in Mooreland and rode all of one ride. But it was a great one!! I honestly could have rode it over and over if the fair wasn't SO expensive these days! My word what happened to 25 cent tickets? Yikes.

Last stop for the evening was Zach and I's house where we were reunited :) and a lot of other friends showed up as well. My awesome pineapple was utilized as a glass and it felt like Hawaii :)
The night ended with a small stouffer's mac & cheese and that was that!

No comments:

Post a Comment