August 16, 2012

GUESS WHAT (I MEAN WHO!) IS COOKING?

Thursday Evening

Did you guess me? FINALLY. After about four days of promising that I was fixing dinner nothing got in the way tonight. No sickness, no date, no hand-delivered meal, etc. It was so nice to cook :)

I got home from the gym this evening only to have Mom pull in behind me just a minute later. Perfect timing to get started on tonight's feast- homemade pizzas! All except the crust which was purchased at the Farmer's Market. I had two of these lovely whole wheat herby crusts that I bought from the same booth I buy my delicious sweet and salty snack mix from.
 I knew I wanted to make pizzas because not only did I have pre-made crust and a slew of tomatoes, but fresh mozzarella! Look at the beauty...

 To aid the chef was a 4oz. pour of Rhine wine (followed by two ounces more) :)
 I made two pizzas for the occasion. Margherita:

 And Veggie:
 The margherita was topped with fresh mozzarella, fresh basil and sliced tomatoes.
 The veggie was topped with a homemade tomato sauce*, green peppers, mushrooms, banana peppers and fresh mozzarella. Both were baked for just 12 minutes and they came out gorgeous!
 I wasn't starving tonight so I had one slice of each. Proclaimed them both amazing and called it a night :)
*the tomato sauce: super easy. I just sauté a bit of onion in EVOO. add garlic. add 6 oz. of tomato paste + 1 cup of water + oregano. bring to a boil. simmer covered about 10 minutes or until thickened. Easy Peasey!

Now I am settling in with my love for a movie. His boy's game got canceled tonight due to storms, but that is okay because it means more cuddling for me! Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment