August 9, 2012

H2O

Thursday Afternoon

I've said it before, but it's worth mentioning every once in awhile. I drink a LOT of water. The reason you never see beverages (besides wine) in my pictures is because I am always drinking water. And honestly my water bottles are pretty shy and aren't all that photogenic... But every day I shoot for 90 oz. of water and drink water all. day. long. I have never been much of a drink person (again, besides wine ;) ). I don't care for coffee, tea, juice, milk, etc. Which is funny because I love all foods.

Water helps protect your body from disease, it rids your body of toxins, it carries electrolytes through your body to the cells necessary to maintain balance, and it helps you feel full! So much of the times thirst is misinterpreted as hunger. Feel hungry but don't think you should? Drink a glass of water and wait half an hour to see if it was true hunger or thirst. Also, did you know that dehydration actually causes your body to retain water, keeping weight on you that you are trying to shed!! So anyway- moral of the story: Drink water!

Back to a regular 'ole salad for lunch today.
Green leaf lettuce/cucumbers/tomatoes/peppers/pickles dressed with honey and mustard. Which I made with honey....and mustard....

For the afternoon it was time to return to Tone It Up for a good workout with lots of variation. The Bikini Strap Workout! I always like this one and I did it 3 times through.

Have another vegetarian meal planned for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment