August 6, 2012

CHANDELIER SOUP

Monday Evening

It was such a beautiful afternoon today! I love that my job allows me to be outside (weather permitting) every day for recess!

Tonight at the gym I did 30 minutes on the elliptical for 301 calories burned. Rocking out to my "high school" playlist the whole time :)

Tonight my sous chef had dinner waiting when I returned. No, not Zach...the crockpot! It was simmering with Tuscany White Bean soup. Earlier today I boiled white Northern beans for a few minutes and then let them soak in water for an hour. At the end of the hour I sautéed some parsley and garlic in olive oil.
After an hour I put a quart of vegetable broth, a quart of water, the pound of beans, salt pepper, and the garlic/parsley mix into the crockpot. Set it on low all day and that was that!

When I got home I chopped up some broccoli and cauliflower, steamed it, and then topped it with S + P and grated goat cheddar.
 Check out my chandelier soup :)
A very fibrous dinner... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment